Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone out in the blogosphere. I hope 2010 brings many great things to you all.

I look forward to reading many great books this year and seeing what others are reading.

The first book I'm reading this year is Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. I'm about 130 pages into it so far. It's moving a little bit slowly, but it's still a decent read. There are many Frank Lloyd Wright buildings near Chicago and I've been to his house in Arizona. There is also a beautiful building on the lake in Madison I would always walk by during college that was based on his work. It's interesting to get to know more about his life and his architecture.

Can't wait to see what you are all reading!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. I had a lot of fun with that book. The ending really threw me for a loop. I had always admired his architecture but I had never known anything about his life. Hearing the story of how it happened... I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" by Muriel Barbery. I am not going to start another one until I blog about Hedgehog on my book blog, Julie's Bookshelf. My new year's resolution is to not let a bunch of books pile up before I "review" them. After that I think I will start "Testament" by Alis Hawkins. It is the January selection for an online bookclub I have joined at the Cornflower Books blog.

    ReplyDelete